Memorial Day is less than a week away! For those of you with family in the military or who are simply celebrating the holiday, we’ve got a few ideas to help you plan a fun, outdoor party. And since we know that things are tight this time of year, we’ll help you plan on a budget.
1. Make it a BBQ. BBQ parties are a fun, easy way to get family and friends together. Pick up some hot dogs, hamburgers, and all of the fixin’s for a simple and budget-friendly meal. Meals.com has some great tips for grilling!
Meals.com is an online recipe website dedicated to bringing you the best from Nestle kitchens. Chris Garboski and Jenny Harper are the meals.com experts, working together to create and maintain the meals.com website. For more information, visit: meals.com.
2. Spice up your beverages. Try out some new drink ideas this Memorial Day. Instead of the traditional soda or iced tea, try a patriotic margarita or some kid-friendly lemonade. Babble.com has some fun and simple drink ideas for your Memorial Day BBQ.
Babble.com is an online magazine that was created by Rufus Griscom and Alisa Volkman and employs top bloggers on the subjects of child-raising and parenting. The site was acquired by Disney Interactive Media Group in 2011 after the site reached more than half a million readers each month. For more information, visit: Babble.com.
3. Create your own decorations. Party stores are fun, and they have some great stuff, but they can also be expensive. Pick up some supplies from your local craft store, and you can have the double pleasure of showing off your crafting skills and keeping a little money in the bank. Redfin.com has six quick and easy Memorial Day DIY decoration ideas that are perfect for an outdoor BBQ.
The Redfin Blog is a website dedicated to providing you with the latest real estate news, pop culture and celebrity homes, and Redfin news. For more information, visit: Redfin.com.
4. Plan some fun activities. Nothing makes a BBQ more exciting than a bunch of fun, outdoor games. For the adults choose some card games or create a sports tournament, and for the kids set up a kiddie pool or sandbox. For more games and activity ideas, visit Punchbowl.com.
Punchbowl was founded by Matt Douglas and Sean Conta and is dedicated to bringing superior designs for events and celebrations. Punchbowl provides a Party Planning platform and a Digital Greeting Card service and tries to create user-friendly products. For more information, visit: Punchbowl.com.
5. Send your guests home with favors. Themed gift favors are a great way to let your guests know you appreciate their attendance and to help them remember the special day. Pick up some of our seeded star gift favors to send home either with all of your guests or just the kids. They’ll love watching their gift grow! Pick up reds, whites, and blues to make this gift even more festive!